Monday 2 April 2007

Election diary

Saturday 31st March Spent the morning knocking on doors and was encouraged by the reception. It never fails to impress me that Bury folk are so tolerant when I call on them: the worst reaction is a polite "no" whilst many are very supportive. Even non-Conservatives say they will vote for me. Went to the Bury Bach Choir's 75th birthday concert in the evening for the full version in English of St Matthew Passion - 6.30 until 10.15. Despite this considerable commitment the cathedral was packed. The contralto's aria after Peter's denial was the highlight for me. Apologies for no pictures or even paragraphs, for technical reasons. For my new election 2007 website page go to: http://www.paulfarmer.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why does their tolerance surprise you so much? You shouldn't be so hard on yourself!

Charlotte Howard said...

See my next election diary for an update...